Monday, August 25, 2014

Starting over!

Kids are back in school as of last week and I am trying to get back on track and re-focus on some things.  While they were out for the summer I didn't really plan or keep track of our spending and we had a lot of fun but now it's time to buckle down and start saving again. 

It's really hard to save when you are not an income earner for the house and nobody else seems to be on board with saving and would rather spend. But it is necessary with birthday, christmas and sports/school activities coming up. 

I thought if I post my goals maybe it would help keep me more accountable for them. So that's where this blog post comes in. 

I have set a weekly gas and grocery budget and will try really hard to stay within this budget. 
That will be pretty hard to do with all the driving from and to school things I may need to adjust the gas budget some but the only place I can really cut from is the grocery budget and I have set that at $150/week, so not much room to cut there either!

I know $150/week may seem high and many people do it under that, but most weeks I spend more than that and we probably spend another $200-350 eating out and things in a month. I have not budgeted ANY money in this month for eating out and will need to adjust that too probably but I am happy to have my budget figured out and see what I can tweak to make it better next month. 

My husband gets paid every week and his pay varies so that makes it a little harder to plan down to a $0 budget but should even out at the end of the month. 

So goalwise

#1 Stick to $150 grocery budget
#2 Stick to $100 week gas budget
# put a little into savings every week
#stamp at least 2 days week
# keep up with my housework
#bake snacks for the kids lunches
#cook at home every day except PLANNED nights out. No McDonald's or pizza just because I didn't feel like cooking
#menu plan so I know what to get at the store and what's for dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment