Monday, August 25, 2014

week 1

So far this week I have spent $33.08 on fast food. That could have helped with the grocery budget. Need to work better on NO SPEND days and no TAKE OUT!

Gas - Since we normally get paid on Fridays I plan for Friday-Thurs but This week I needed gas Thursday night so put that towards this weeks gas to see how much it will take since this will be the first Full week of school and practice.

Aug 22- truck 25.02
        22-car 59.00 (filled me up)
August 24- truck 24.73

We are at 108.75 so far so I am OVER BUDGET!! already and it's only Monday morning! I was wanting to go to sams club out of town but think that will hold off.

 he usually doesn't use that much in just a couple days but we went to an auction saturday and he had to come back and get the trailer and go back again.

I budget $100 a week for gas. I haven't been tracking it lately so not sure what we have been spending.

I filled up on Thursday night and Monday morning I am at half a tank, but did make quite a few trips back and forth to the schools for fall sports night and cc meet and things. I am hoping I wont need more gas until at least this thursday.

Groceries~

So far this week I have spent $51.65 on groceries.  I still need to get stuff on my list for the rest of the meals this week, but that did include 4 12 packs of pepsi and I am hoping that we can stretch that. I drink tea but the rest of the house drinks pop like crazy. My husband takes 6 every day to work with him plus what he drinks at home, so I am making kool aid and things hoping the kids will leave the pop alone.

Meal Plan~

I HATE MENU PLANNING! Not really that I don't like cooking but it seems no matter what I make someone doesn't want it. If that someone happens to be one of my kids, I tell them oh well. They can eat it or make a PB&J, if that someone happens to be my husband and a kid, he will call the oldest and have him pick him up something! That has to stop, it's not included in our budget and money is getting wasted away. I try to make things that he likes which really puts me in a tough spot since he is pretty picky and doesn't like to try new things. He also doesn't like fish or chicken. If it was up to him we would live on pizza and steak.

I spend hours searching pinterest and recipe sites for new things that sound good because we all get sick of the same old things. And sometimes something we loved a few months ago, all of a sudden don't like it now.  I am lucky we have no food allergies but it seems it's still hard to come up with things because of everyone's likes/dislikes.

I am going to try something new at least once a week hopefully.


Monday ~ tuna casserole
Tuesday~ salad, lasagna and garlic bread
Wednesday~ meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans,
Thursday~ Chicken enchilada casserole (this is new so we will see how it goes)
Friday~ pizza burgers and homemade mac and cheese

I stopped at Friday since that is payday and will grocery shop then for the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment